Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Zermatt - Tuesday, Oct 23


Day 3 and we were in the moguls - the same ones the World Cup teams are here training on. I did alright actually, especially considering my lack of sleep.

Last night a bunch of us went out to a nightclub after dinner. Happy hour went until 1:00 am and with two for one drinks everyone sure was happy. I met the coaches of the Canadian national disabled ski team as well as a member of Canada's World Cup freestyle team (moguls). Other people in our group tell me that he has actually won some World Cup races.

The bar was itself was in a cave which was pretty very cool. It was packed on a Monday night. It was a late night (early morning) which made this morning pretty tough. Luckily we had fantasic weather - still sunny but much warmer. I have a wicked ski tan already!

Tonight is going to be a quiet night as the three members of Canada's Interski team that traveled to Korea are going to show a DVD of their experience. Pretty cool that there is only 10 people that make the team every 4 years and I have had lessons from two of them this week and am rooming with the third.

I better go finish getting ready for dinner. TTYS.


No comments: