Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Zermatt - Sunday, Oct 21


I am posting from my sunny balcony overlooking the Matterhorn (see view above). :) I actually need to go get sunglasses...

Okay I'm back. My roomie just got in too. We were discussing the best place to go for apres-ski. Seems I have a few hours as they do it a little later here. So let me continue...

Day 1 was fabulous! Only three of us in my group. The other two are training for the Level 4 so it's referred to as the Level 4 prep group. Funny as I have yet to go on the Level 3! Glad I am with this group rather than the other people training for the 3. It is not only a fraction of the size (7-8 people in other groups) but I also get to ski with stronger skiers. AND I've been holding my own! While I am the slowest in the group, I am already on Day 1 skiing as well as I was by the end of last year! It felt like I had not taken a break at all. This is definitely my year!

Today's instructor was JF, who heads up the Ski School at Mont Ste. Anne. He is an incredible skier and a fantastic instructor. He broke everything down very simply and related everything to how it felt (physically not emotionally!) I totally got everything he was saying and was able to make big changes instantly. I'm going to write notes after this posting to try to capture what I learned today. Then it's time to explore the town before apres. Have a great Sunday and I'll check in with you again soon!

No comments: