Thursday, August 13, 2009

Skiing Day 4 - Thursday, Aug 13


[Photo above: our hotel, the Monte Blanco]

Yay! Internet access! Posting all my blogs today. I think the week is catching up on me as I am feeling quite fatigued, not to mention a little sore. The sad thing is that I'm convinced that it is more from the t-bars than skiing! The winds were howling this morning. The chairlifts were not open so we rode the t-bars to the top and did a few runs before even the t-bars were closed due to the high winds. We had quite an adventure making our way through the 100 km/hr winds with 160 km/hr with gusts back to the main chalet. After an extended coffee break we made the call to call it a day and headed back to the hotel. Of course once we had changed into regular clothes, the winds died down and the lifts re-opened. Pam and I decided to still call it a day. I thought I'd have a better rest of the week if I rested my sore muscles today. TTYS.

2 comments:

sasha said...

i hope with that wind a wicked storm comes through and drops some powder on you... nothing like Chile Powder! Well they're wines are pretty good too.

Unknown said...

Suck it up Buttercup! Get your butt out there, wind or not! ;)