Thursday, August 13, 2009

Skiing Day 1 - Monday, Aug 10




[Photos above: the group of 11 and the switchbacks on the way to Valle Nevado]

What a beautiful day! The sun was shining. The sky was bright blue. I got more sun skiing today than I have the rest of our "summer" combined. It was super warm. I was wearing only a shell with one top and had my zips wide open and was toqueless. I had my gloves off for most lifts. Tomorrow I'm going to try my shell pants, soft shell jacket, spring gloves, and sunglasses. The condo is visible from most of the ski area but involves tons of stairs so is not an incredibly easy place to get back to to drop off layers.

All 11 skiied together today. Everyone is at least a Level 2 instructor so all ski well. The terrain is really wide open, much like glacier skiing. Like glacier skiing, we did have a few t-bar rides but luckily here they were interspersed with chairlift rides. Feeling really natural to be skiing.

Dinner was good tonight. Food on the hill for lunch was quite expensive but huge portions so I'm going to try to share with someone tomorrow. Time for bed now. We are meeting for breakfast at 8:00. Buenos noches.

No comments: