Thursday, August 13, 2009

Skiing Day 2 - Tuesday, Aug 11



[Photos above: 1) The view from my room. Note Santiago down in the valley. 2) Apres ski

Another beautiful sunny day! I'm already sporting a better tan from these two days than the rest of summer. Wore just shell layers today as it was really warm.

We broke up into 2 groups for the morning to do some ski improvement. Casey led our group of four. The theme of the lesson was using only the movement necessary to accomplish the task - a great theme for day 2. It was very effective. My short radius turns were fun and snappy under this guidance. It felt awesome particularly under the beating sun on hero snow.
I shared lunch with Pam today. Lunch was again on a deck in as little layers as we could manage. In the afternoon the entire group reunited and did some fast carving runs. My legs (EVEN MY KNEE!!!) are holding up beautifully! I am taking a couple Advil every morning to manage the swelling in my knee and it's working well.

My skis are not faring as well. I hit a rock while following Casey down a run. I managed to keep my balance but tore a strip out of one of my bases. We'll have to fix it before we can before I head out tomorrow.

Everyone has gone to sleep already. I think a few were partying too hard earlier in the week and are using today to catch up. It seems there may be wireless in a common room downstairs. I'll have to check it out tomorrow after skiing. Good night.

No comments: