Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hang Ten Mate - Tuesday, March 3



[Photo above: beach bounty]

Another early morning brought another long walk with Mom. This time we started by walking up the steep hill behind their place to Point Danger (love Aussie names!). We weren’t the only ones out at 5:45 am - there were tons of surfers enjoying the waves. The area around Point Danger is stunning – a high hill with beautiful trees and rocks framing a wicked surf beach where the Quicksilver/Roxy Surfing World Cup is currently being held. I’ll have to go back another day with a camera.

At 10:00 I showed up at a surf truck advertising surf lessons. Other than a CRAZY woman in my group, I had fun. I managed to catch quite a few waves. This surf school teaches an adapted method to getting up that is much more beginner-friendly than the jump-up method I’ve learned in the past. Plus for our first lesson he pushed us onto waves for the first hour. Nothing like the sweet taste of success.

In the afternoon we walked to a local mall. There was nothing that interesting with the exception of the licorice store. Yum! I bought pineapple and strawberry flavoured licorice. The pineapple licorice is wicked.

Tuesday night is Mom and Dad’s night at Seagull’s, a club in Tweed Heads that we had to take a bus too. We had dinner then Mom and Dad hit the pokies while I tried to stay awake by doing some Sudoku.

No comments: