Sunday, March 1, 2009

Arrival in Coolingatta




I’ve arrived! And it feels really good. Twenty-six hours of travel were quickly forgotten as I slipped on a bathing suit and made my way to the ocean minutes after my arrival. I am so excited to be back!

In the days/weeks/months leading up to my trip I really hadn’t given it much thought. I am not sure if my lack of anticipation was because I had already been to Australia twice already or because I was so busy with work and skiing leading up to my trip that I really didn’t have the mind space to think about it. But my excitement mounted as I flew from Sydney to the Gold Coast airport taking in the stunning views featured above. I was thrilled to find my parents waiting to greet me at the airport. On the drive to their condo, I was excited to recognize favourite haunts from the last time I was here four years ago. My excitement culminated in our walk along the beach.

After a little beach time we chilled on our 7th floor balcony with stunning views of Rainbow Bay. We then went for a walk to pick up some groceries for dinner in. It is definitely going to be an early night for me as I have only slept an hour or so in the last 48 hours. I am looking forward to my early morning walk along the bay.

No comments: