Saturday, October 18, 2008

Zermatt - Day 7



I can't believe a week has gone by already! I am so glad I am here for two weeks this year. I can't imagine having to leave already. It took me until Day 3 to get to a good place in my skiing. It would have sucked to leave just as I was beginning to make positive changes. In the last couple days I have had at least 4-6 different people tell me that they heard that I was skiing very well. I don't know who they are hearing it from but keep it coming!

Today was our day off as some groups left and others are arriving. We took full advantage of our ability to sleep in today. Last night a huge group of us from My Swiss Trip as well as a couple of Ontario coaches, Storey and Cam, headed to the Papperla Pub to start the night at 9:00 pm. At around midnight we went to "the cave", a bar in the basement of the Post Hotel. I'll have to look up the real name as we just named it the cave due to its cavern-like appearance. I got home at 4:00 am and the disco was still going strong when I left! TThe Flying Hirscht/Jager Bombs kept me going. The last two at the bar last night were Josh Foster and Steve Young which is funnyas they are the only two people to have to work today. Pontiac World of Skiing is filming here this week and they are both on-screen talent.

I got up early today to send my roommate Leslie off, then went back to bed. It was a lazy, slow morning getting organized and dropping off my laundry. I then walked downtown, stopping to take some photos. I had a "hangover breakfast" of sausage, scrambled eggs, and cheese fries at a local pub. A couple of people from our group dropped by to join me. Then I checked out a few shops before returning to the hotel.

My new roommate has already arrived. her name is Maria and she is from Toronto. She remembers doing the Level 3 prep course with me at Mount St. Louis last year. She is doing her Level 3 course this week. She was on this trip a couple of years ago.

There had been talk that Rory and I were going to be the only two taking the Level 3 exam next week which would have been great as we both have the teaching and would only have to do the ski off. Unfortunately for us there are now at least two others taking the whole exam so we will likely have to be their students (victims?). These guys are in the hotel bar where I write this right now. They are total ski nerds, studying every night. This may be cruel but I hope I ski so well in their lessons that they have trouble finding anything for me to improve. :)

Back on snow tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: