Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Training weekend - July 14-15

Not much to report. On Saturday I rode in St. Jacob’s. Not a great ride as the area reeked of manure and a red minivan decided to use me as target practice in an intersection after I signaled my turn perfectly clearly. Crazy-ass minivan drivers! The awesome farmers’ market was the only thing that salvaged the day.

Sunday was better. I didn’t leave home as early as anticipated as the Tour de France Alp stage was wicked! Once I did, I headed to Hilton Falls for some trail running. I LOVE trail running! The time just flies by as I maneuver myself up and down hills, across rocks, and over roots. I did a 9.5k trail followed by a 4K trail. In the end I ran almost two hours. I skipped my swim as I needed some chill time after the run more badly.

I’ve decided to register for Belwood on the August long weekend as it will be good to do a race in between the short sprint and Olympic distances before my Olympic race in Manitoba in August. I’ve only done Belwood once before and it was an interesting day as the swim headed off into a dense fog and I did the ride on my road bike for the first time. Other than the swim I had a pretty good time so it may be a challenge to get a PB. Something to strive towards!

No comments: